Wednesday, August 1, 2018

(First Blog) Movie Theater Review: Santolan Town Plaza Cinemas

Its been half a year since Santolan Town Plaza opened its doors to customers and businesses looking for a space to lease.



But I mainly go there for their movie theater. I've been going there for a while now so I'm taking this opportunity to write a review about it on my blog.



Santolan Town Plaza is Located in Col. Bonny Serrano Ave, San Juan, Metro Manila. Just in front of Fountain International School, Santolan Campus.


Santolan Town Plaza is not exactly a mall, its a half office building and half mall for me. It's spacious and that made Santolan Town Plaza my go-to getaway despite the fact that there aren't much stores to look at.


But the best part of the place for me is the theater. Now let's talk about the movie theater.

"The Entrance to the Cinema Lobby"
The movie theater is like I said about the mall "Spacious", BUT in my experience whenever there's a new blockbuster showing on it's first weekend it's crowded but in this trip, that's not the case.

I went on a wednesday noon. people are usually at their schools and work around that time so that made the place really spacious at the time 

"The Escalator"

"The Cinema Lobby"
My ticket
In this review, I will be watching Mission Impossible Fallout.


The ticket prices are varies on the movie and it's theater. Cinemas 1 and 2 priced at 280 (270 non-atmos movie) while Cinemas 3 and 4 priced at 270

But wait a minute... Why is Cinemas 1 and 2 price is 10 pesos more expensive than the ones on Cinemas 3 and 4?

Well... here's why.

Cinema 1 and 2 are Dolby Atmos equipped theaters (To learn more about Dolby Atmos, Click here)
while Cinemas 3 and 4 are equipped with standard (probably dolby digital) 5.1 (or 7.1) surround sound system

But here's a catch. Not all movies being shown in Cinemas 1 & 2 are "Atmos" movies so it really depends on the movie if it's mixed in atmos or not. So if a non-atmos movie is being played in cinemas 1 & 2 the price goes down to 270 again since it's not a atmos movie.

"Cinema 3 Door"

"Cinema 4 Door"
"Snack Bar"

"More Snack Bar"

"Potato Corner"
The Snack bar of the theater has variety of snacks but I mostly buy the popcorn there. The popcorn had the same taste as the one in Power plant cinemas (since this place is also owned by power plant lol)

The Pricing of snacks is pretty high but hey, in the movie theater industry, their income came mostly from the snack bar than on the movie itself since the movie is still owned by the distributor. Sad isn't it? . - .

But hey,
they probably still gain profit from the office lease and other stores in the place hahahahaha.

"Clean Bathrooms btw XD"
The thing that also impresses me is the clean bathrooms.

May be small but hey, still clean bathrooms : )
"Thanks Advisory!"

Actually in my experience. The theater's sound system is really loud. Be mindful if you're going to bring your younger children there.

"Cinema 1 Door"
Here's the theater where I'll be watching the movie.

Here's what the theater looks like.

"Cinema 1"

"The Screen"

"Overhead Speakers"

"The Projection Room"
"The Projector Up-Close?"
"A Subwoofer?'
"Chair"
One of the things I like about the theater is that their chairs are made out of leather instead of cloth. makes it really comfortable even when I'm sitting throughout the movie. 


So.. What do I think of the theater?

One word.. Fantastic!

Still performs good as my previous visits.

The screen and projection is solid.

The sound system is mind-blowing!. (I can hear sounds going around and above the theater)

Seats are great.

Employees are friendly. In the beginning of the movie I heard a static on the right speaker and the music is only heard on the front speaker throughout the movie. This never happened on my previous visits so I informed my concern to the counter. She called one of the movie theater's operator and talked it out. He said that it's the movie is at fault, not the sound system. He also said that also happened in Cinema 2 when it was showing the same movie when it was first showing. I'm actually glad I asked, they're really friendly employees.

Overall the movie theater is great!

Definitely going back here again to watch a movie.

Hope the good things about this theater stays that way.


"Courtesy of: Paramount Pictures"

Mission Impossible: Fallout Now Showing.
Book your tickets now!: https://powerplantcinema.com/

Credits to:
Santolan Town Plaza - https://www.facebook.com/SantolanTownPlaza/
UIP Philippines - https://www.facebook.com/uipmoviesph/

3 comments:

  1. I assume they have reserved seating. 😊 Good review! Keep it up! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!. Oh, You can reserve seats in advance, check out Power Plant Cinema's Website!.

      Delete
    2. I mean booking your seats in advanced sorry.

      Delete